Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pearl Island and an Okonomiyaki party!


Well, this weekend was pretty eventful. On Saturday I went to Toba to visit Mikimoto Pearl Island and it was really interesting! First I saw the women pearl diver demonstration. 


Then I went to the museum about the science of cultivating pearls and how humans play a role in it here at pearl island. Then there is a second museum on the island about Mikimoto himself and his struggle to learn how to cultivate pearls and start his business. Overall they were really great museums with very good English explanations.

My last stop was the store.... Where I spent too much money, but they are really beautiful!! 

Then on Sunday we went to an Okonomiyaki party where we learned three different kinds of japanese games!

This one is called Mahjong and we played it the longest, it was really difficult!!! It's a strategy game and was really hard to understand especially with it only being explained to us in mostly Japanese! But it was still fun and interesting.

Then lastly I came to work Monday to be surprised by a package from Steph!!! Full of delicious Norwegian chocolate :) yum


No comments:

Post a Comment